Thursday, August 23, 2012

CHOKLATE Announces "FLY" Album Title and a Live Seattle Preview Party Plus Answers 5 Quick Questions

Seattle-based singer/songwriter CHOKLATE announced the title of her upcoming third album this week. FLY is the title of the new album and before CHOKLATE introduces FLY to the world she will give her Seattle fans and supporters a live preview on Sunday September 16, 2012 at The Triple Door.

What: An Evening With CHOKLATE: Introducing FLY - Album Preview Party

When: Sunday September 16, 2012

Where: The Triple Door - 216 Union Street Seattle, WA

We recently caught up with CHOKLATE to ask her 5 Quick Questions about her highly anticipated third album FLY.

ON THE VERGE: What was the focus and inspiration for your upcoming album?

CHOKLATE: I just wanted to write songs and sing...I just wanted to be in the booth again and keep growing and learning. Each song is a snapshot of a moment in time in either my life or someones life very close to me. My focus was just to stay creative and my inspiration was real life.

ON THE VERGE: Who are some of your producers/collabs on the new album?

CHOKLATE: As it stands: Illmind, DJ Kemit, Tha Bizness, Musiq Soulchild, Kuddie Fresh, Vitamin D, Wajeed from PPP, Slop Funk Dust, Marcus D, Illoquint and there are one or two more that we're still finalizing.

ON THE VERGE: What can we expect from the album?

CHOKLATE: Pure unadulterated ME. Lots of truth. Harmonies galore. Honesty. Dope beats. Some "hip hop makin' whoopie with soul type R&B ish" tunes that all have real stories attached to them. An ode to my brother who I lost at the end of 2009 and a cool duet or two.

ON THE VERGE: Do you have an official release date yet?

CHOKLATE: OCT 16th (!!!!!! aaaaaah! I cant' believe it)

ON THE VERGE: With this being your third album what is different about the artist CHOKLATE?

CHOKLATE: What's different? I'm not entirely sure I'm the best one to answer that question. I think the people that support and give the music a shot and have the backstory from the other albums will be best equipped to answer that one...I'm just in my skin...living everyday and singin' songs along the way...trying to learn the lessons that life is trying to teach me and be open to all the goodness simultaneously. I know one thing, I love it a little more with each offering and I love my supporters more and more every day. They are my creative blood, my heartbeat. I LOVE THEM. whew...you have no idea...

Follow Choklate on Twitter @Choklate

Sign up and join the CHOKLATE E-Mail List to receive news, updates and info about shows in your city!

No comments:

Post a Comment